I made two more (and alot heavier) GIFs of the main door, one from each side. Iterated a bit more on the movable parts and the design, I think I'm calling this blockout done and proceed to building the actual highpoly model after this.:) Still some designissues I need to work around and some more detailed moving parts, but I think this is good enough for now.
söndagen den 13:e april 2014
Made some renders of the highpoly-asset for the scene sofar, hard to render meshes with so many floaters, but here goes. No modularity in them really, except for normal mirroring and reusage, but trying to reuse highpolypieces as much as possible and build up a library for this scene.
lördagen den 12:e april 2014
Did some blocking out of the main door, trying to come up with a design that works and also can have some animation going on. Still very basic, need to go in and add more complex elements, but roughing in the shapes as I go. I normally animate stuff like this as I work on them in modo so I can make sure that they actually work.
(also GIF is double the speed, dont ask me why, I cant gif apparently)
torsdagen den 10:e april 2014
Did some more blocking out of the scene aswell as playing around with lights abit, and adding another asset to the scene, some kind of pressure-hatches in the side-corridors. Once I have finished blocking up the main corridor elements I will be moving on to the main doors, which should be fun :)
tisdagen den 8:e april 2014
A small designe experiment, making some different cable-connectors. Still untextured etc, still figuring out this whole PBR nonsense the kids are all talking about these days! Gonna try to pay some more attention to detail in this scene than I normally do. Still trying to figure out exactly how to approach the texturing of the whole thing right now aswell. Decisions, decisions... anyway, CABLES!
söndagen den 6:e april 2014
lördagen den 5:e april 2014
Finally managed to get my subscription for UE4 working, transferred over all my old stuff to it, and had the time to sit down and make columns for the Imperial gardens scene. Still untextured and WIP shaders. Thinking about tackling the trees net, which should prove interesting.